Exemplary Mentor Award for 2016-2017

Congratulations to Dr Mark Horvath (Assistant Professor, Vascular and Interventional Radiology), who was awarded the 2016-2017 Exemplary Mentor Award by the Department of Psychiatry in the College of Medicine at the University of Florida.

Dr Horvath serves as a mentor for the Physician Shadowing course (MDU 4004), which gives undergraduate students the opportunity to have meaningful clinical experiences in a variety of specialties. The students who rotate with Dr Horvath consistently give excellent feedback about their shadowing experience including:

“I found this shadowing experience extremely beneficial since I learned so much about interventional radiology. I also appreciated all the advice about medical school, residency and fellowships that I received from Dr. Horvath. I also enjoyed getting to see minor surgeries first hand.”

“I truly learned a lot about the field of interventional radiology. Dr. Horvath did an excellent job explaining all of the procedures and making sure that I was learning as much as I could about the field.”

Great job Dr Horvath!

Department of Radiology
College of Medicine
University of Florida
PO Box 100374, Gainesville, FL 32610-0374

Phone: (352) 265-0291
Fax: (352) 265-0279
PACS Support: (352) 265-0526