Exemplary Mentor Award for 2015-2016

Congratulations to Dr Mark Horvath (Assistant Professor, Vascular and Interventional Radiology), who was awarded the 2015-2016 Exemplary Mentor Award by the Department of Psychiatry in the College of Medicine at the University of Florida.

Dr Horvath serves as a mentor for the Physician Shadowing course (MDU 4004), which gives undergraduate students the opportunity to have meaningful clinical experiences in a variety of specialties. The students who rotate with Dr Horvath consistently give excellent feedback about their shadowing experience including:

• “I couldn’t have asked for a better doctor than Dr Horvath, and I am so thankful for this experience. My eyes have been opened to the idea of interventional radiology as a possible medical specialty that I may choose to pursue and I am more excited and passionate than ever about the field of medicine and my future.”
  • “I could have not imagined a better physician to shadow than Dr Horvath. He is extremely knowledgeable and friendly and cares about his patients, fellow doctors and students. He also had a fantastic personality and is very engaging and makes learning process so much easier. I feel truly blessed for the opportunity to shadow Dr Horvath and could not ask for a better experience.”
  • “Dr Horvath was an amazing teacher for me this past semester. I learned so much about interventional radiology and the steps that it takes to get there. Overall, my shadowing experience was invaluable.”

Great job Dr Horvath!

Horvath

Department of Radiology
College of Medicine
University of Florida
PO Box 100374, Gainesville, FL 32610-0374

Phone: (352) 265-0291
Fax: (352) 265-0279
PACS Support: (352) 265-0526