- Troy F Storey, MD – Assistant Professor
- Charles H Bush, MD – Associate Professor
- Cooper Dean, MD – Assistant Professor
- Ivan C Davis, MD – Assistant Professor
- Soo Kim, MD
- Farhad Omoumi, MD
- Musculoskeletal radiology encompasses the review of bones, muscles, and other soft tissues of the musculoskeletal system, such as joints.
- Generally, after history and physical examination, radiographs (also known as plain films) are utilized as the initial imaging test. However, technique selection is based on a variety of factors to include trauma, bone or soft-tissue tumors, metastatic tumors, or osteomyelitis. Imaging tests may include computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and/or biopsy.
- In an effort to provide rapid results to our referring physicians, we have installed picture archiving and communication system (PACS) workstations throughout the Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Institute as well as in Shands operating rooms.